Getting a traffic ticket is very annoying, and the worst thing to pay it off within time while doing a job. Because you can pay it on the municipal court’s Njmcdirect working days, it becomes tough for the people who are working. But don’t worry; in this article, we will tell you all the ways to pay a traffic ticket in Texas and other information about Texas traffic tickets.
How to pay a traffic ticket in Texas?
There are several ways for the payment of traffic tickets in Texas. You can directly pay it while appearing in the court. But if you want to pay it before that or don’t want to go court. So, you can use the following ways to pay your traffic ticket on time:
Online Payment: Yes, you can pay your traffic ticket online through the Texas municipal court’s official website. You can access this portal from anywhere. You can view your ticket anytime on the municipal court website. But there are certain hours and days only in which you can pay off your ticket. Click here to pay traffic tickets online in Texas. It is a secure and fast way of payment.
Payment by Mail: You also can send traffic ticket payment on Texas municipal court mailing address. But you should send it immediately after getting the ticket. Because of how much time it will take to reach there, it is uncertain. Generally, it takes a longer time to reach. You can pay through cheque or money order. And don’t forget to attach the bottom part of the ticket and other necessary documents with it.
Payment In-Person: By visiting the municipal court, you can do the payment of your speeding tickets. But it takes a lot of time because you have to go to the court and stand in a long queue to wait for your turn.
Through a Phone: Yes, payment through the phone is also an option of traffic ticket payment in Texas. Call on the municipal court representative phone number and ask them to pay the ticket. They will help and guide you. You can pay through credit card or debit card.
How much are speeding tickets in Texas?
Every state has different speeding tickets amount of fine. The municipal department determines the amount of the fine. There are different criteria of fine calculation of every state of the US. Following the fines which you have to pay if you get a traffic ticket in Texas:
|VIOLATION||TOTAL FINE & COURT COST|
|SPEEDING-POSTED LIMIT (For the first 10 miles over the speed limit-additional mile is $5.00||$173|
|SPEEDING – NO POSTED LIMIT (For the first 10 miles over the speed limit-additional mile is $5.00)||$173|
|FAILURE TO CONTROL SPEED||$202|
|SPEEDING IN SCHOOL ZONE (For the first 10 miles over the speed limit-additional mile is $5.00)||$213|
|EXCESS SPEED IN CITY PARKEXCESS SPEED IN CITY PARK||$170.90|
The fine amount also depends upon the violation type and nature. If your violation is massive, then the ticket amount will be higher. And in some cases, your license also can be suspended.
How can I get points off my license in Texas?
When you get a speeding ticket, some points add to your driving license for your violation. These points affect your insurance rates. The insurance companies increase your vehicle insurance rate. If the points exceed the limit, so your driving license also can be suspended. Not only these issues, but there are also many things which you can face due to traffic ticket points. Points take much time to remove from your driving records. But you can reduce it. There are many ways to get points off from your license in Texas. Some of those areas following:
- Texas municipal court offers a defensive driving class. It helps to remove some points from your driving license. So, you can join it. If you take a defensive driving class entirely, you can remove all your points of a Texas moving violation.
- Driving carefully!! If you will not violate the next year from the date of the most recent traffic violation. So, some points will remove from your records.
What happens if you don’t pay a ticket in Texas?
You should pay the fine on time. Otherwise, it can put you in trouble. The following are things you can face if you don’t pay your ticket in Texas:
- The municipal court will impose you an extra fee for the ticket payment failure.
- If you ignore the ticket many times, the judge can issue an arrest warrant for you.
- Your driving license also can be suspended.
- It also impacts on your driving records.
If you plead not to be guilty in the court. So, you must appear in the court on the hearing date. If you fail to do, then the following action can be taken against you by the judge:
- A warrant will be issued for your arrest.
- The municipal court or motor vehicle commission can suspend your driving license.
- They can impose you higher fines if you don’t go the court on the hearing date or don’t pay the fee in Texas.
- Denial of the renewal of your driver’s license and additional costs of $10 per case, or
- Denial of the registration or re-registration of any motor vehicle.
FAQs – People Also Ask
Can you pay a ticket online in Texas?
Yes, you can pay your traffic ticket online in Texas. But you have to pay a minimum convenience fee of $3.00 or 2.45% of your ticket amount to the municipal court as the service fee if you pay online through their official portal. You can pay citations through the FASTGovPay website in Texas.
How do I find my traffic ticket in Texas?
If you lost your traffic ticket or didn’t remember that you have any tickets or not. So, you can find your tickets. There are many ways to find and view traffic tickets in Texas. These areas following:
- You can check online through the Texas municipal court official website. For that, you will need a ticket number, court id, and your license number.
- You also can contact the Texas municipal court customer care. They will help you to know the details of your traffic ticket.
- By visiting the Texas municipal court, you can get your traffic ticket information.
- If you have an older ticket, you didn’t appear in the court and didn’t pay it off. So, you can search that ticket in the state’s Failure to Appear Failure to Pay Program website.
How long do I have to pay a ticket in Texas?
After getting a Texas traffic ticket, you have 20 days to decide what you have to do. You have two options – pay the fine or plead not to be guilty. If you decide to pay a fine, so you can pay it online through Texas municipal official portal or any other ways which we told you above in this article. But if you choose to plead not to be guilty, you have to appear in the court on the hearing date to fight your case.
We hope our article will help you pay your traffic tickets within time and take the right action when you receive a ticket. If you have any queries about the Texas traffic ticket payment, you can ask us through the comment. Or you also can call Texas municipal court phone number.