E-ZPASS: E-ZPASS is an electronic device for the toll payment collection system. It is used in many states of the United States. New Jersey is also one of them, and it uses NJ E-ZPASS for the toll payments collection. When you apply for the EZ pass, you will get a Tag that you have to attach to your vehicle. This tag, or you can say transponder, has a chip that will help EZ pass automatically deduct tolls when you use toll roads, tunnels, and bridges.
- What is E-Zpass?
- How to sign up for E-ZPass NJ?
- How to login to NJ E-ZPASS?
- How do we reset the NJ e-zpass password or username?
- How many states use E-ZPass?
- How do I get an E-ZPass in NJ?
- Can I use NJ EZ Pass in other US states?
- How to pay NJ e-zpass pass bill?
- How much does e-zpass cost in NJ?
What is E-Zpass?
E-ZPass is an electronic toll collection system that drivers can use to pay toll payments instead of paying in cash. Drivers have to make an account on EZ pass, and apply for the www.njmcdirect.com E-Zpass and add money. They have to prepay tolls (means pre-added money in that pass) and attach an electronic device, called a tag or transponder, to their vehicles. Currently, seventeen US states, including New Jersey, are using EZ pass. You can use this pass to pay toll fees when you use toll roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, etc.
How to sign up for E-ZPass NJ?
To get e-zpass and pay toll payments through it, first of all, you have to create an ‘E-ZPass Account.’ If you don’t know the process of account creation. Then follow the below steps to sing up for E-ZPass NJ:
- Open the official website of the EZ pass – www.ezpassnj.com, in your preferred browser (chrome, opera, safari, etc.)
- There will be an option named as ‘Sign UP for E-ZPASS.’ Click on that.
- Two options will then come on your screen – open an individual account and open a business account. You have to choose one of them.
- If you are opening the account for you then select the individual account (It includes cars, vans, pickup trucks, motorcycles, and RVs) or you will use E-ZPass for your business (includes tractor-trailers, auto transporters, pickup, vans, cars, etc.)
- Then, check on the box, “I agree to the E-ZPass New Jersey Individual/Business Terms & Conditions.”
- After that, click on that “Enroll Online” option to proceed with the process.
- Then, you have to fill some details like your contact no., mailing address, email address, and other information.
- After filling all the details, click on the ‘Next: Tags & Vehicles’ button.
- Then, you will be asked some questions related to your vehicles and tags. After providing all the details, click on the submit button.
Note: You have only 15 minutes to complete the sign-up process. So, you have to do it fast.
The E-ZPASS department will send your EZ pass in a few days. But if you want to get it fast so you can download the application, print, and fill it. Then, submit an application document to the New Jersey E-ZPass office, and it will take 2-7 days. Then, you can collect your pass from the Nj ez pass office.
Individual Account Requirements
An individual account may have up to 6 tags per account.
- Vehicles registered or leased to private individuals and have two axles
- Cars, motorcycles, pickup trucks, vans, and RVs
Business Account Requirements
A business account may have unlimited tags per account.
- Vehicles registered or leased to a business or commercial entity with two or more axles
- Single or multiple rear tires
- Tractor-trailers, pickup, auto transporters, and other trucks, buses, vans, cars, motorcycles, and RVs
How to login to NJ E-ZPASS?
Following are the steps of the login to NJ E-ZPASS:
- First of all, visit the official website of the e-zpass (www.ezpassnj.com) in your preferred browser.
- There you will see a box named login/register. You will see a button’ click here to log in/register’ click on that button at the bottom of that box.
- A page will pop up when you click. You have to enter your NJ E-ZPass username, password, and security message.
- After filling all the details, click on the login button.
- Then, your E-ZPASS account will log in successfully.
How do we reset the NJ e-zpass password or username?
Did you forget your e-zpass username or password? Don’t worry; you can reset these easily from the ez pass website. Following are the steps to reset the E-ZPASS password and username:
- Visit the ezpassnj.com website.
- You will see a box for login/register. There will be a button named “click here to login/register at the bottom of that box.” Click on that button.
- Then, it will ask you to enter your username and password. And below that, there will be a link to forget your username or password. Click on that link.
- Now you have to choose either forget the username or forget the password. You can’t reset both at once. You have to do it one by one.
- Enter the required details such as account no., zip code, and username, if you are recovering your password. And You will need Account no., Tag number, and zip code to retrieve the username.
- After entering the details, click on the submit button.
How many states use E-ZPass?
There are seventeen states in the United States which currently use the ez pass system. Following is the list of those states:
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- New York
- New Hampshire
- West Virginia
- Rhode Island
How do I get an E-ZPass in NJ?
There are many ways to open an e-zpass account. We have listed below some ways out of them:
- Apply online through its official site www.ezpassnj.com
- Call on the Ez pass customer service number 1-888-288-6865
- You can also apply offline by visiting the E-ZPass Customer Service Center, located at 375 McCarter Highway in Newark, New Jersey.
Can I use NJ EZ Pass in other US states?
Yes, you can use NJ E-ZPass in some other us states as well. There are seventeen states which use EZ pass to pay the toll. EZ pass can be used on all the toll roads, tunnels, and bridges in New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Delaware, Maryland, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Virginia, and West Virginia.
How to pay NJ e-zpass pass bill?
When you sign up for the prepaid account, you will get a small electronic tag or transponder that you have to attach with your vehicle’s windshield. This electronic tag contains a chip that has all your details.
When you drive on the toll road, bridge, highway, or tunnel, the E-ZPASS antenna will automatically connect with that tag chip. Their systems will get to know your vehicle details and debit the toll charges from your account.
New Jersey E-ZPass recommends that you can use following methods for the automatic payment;
- Credit/Debit Card
- Checking/Saving account
The following financial institutions are accepted for payment:
- American Express
How do I check my NJ EZ pass balance?
You can check online through the ezpassnj.com website. Or you can call on e-z pass automated phone system at 1-888-AUTO TOLL (1-888-288-6865) and ask to send previous transaction details on your email id or only can know balance. Or you can also speak to the customer service representative.
How do I return an Ezpass tag in NJ?
Some people return E-ZPASS on the address printed on the tag. But this address is not for the return. Send your tag to the New Jersey E-ZPass Customer Service Center, PO. Box 52003, Newark, NJ 07101-8203. When New Jersey E-ZPASS department will receive your tag in good condition. They will refund your tag deposit and unused toll balance within 30 days.
How much does e-zpass cost in NJ?
All New Jersey E-ZPass customers are charged a monthly service fee of $1 as E-ZPASS cost. Additionally, they have to pay a $1 bi-monthly fee for a statement fee that you can ask them to send either through email or on their mailing address.
The following are some other charges at NJ E-ZPASS:
- If you pay your toll fee through check and your check, get the bounce. Then, you will pay a $25 extra fee for that.
- If you lost/stolen/damaged/defaced your tag, you would be charged $9 for interior or $15 exterior tags.
- You have to pay $10 as a tag deposit in the initial.
- If you violate any terms and conditions of EZ pass, you will be charged 50$.
Can I buy E-ZPASS at the toll both in new jersey?
No, you can’t buy EZ PASS from the toll both in NJ. You can get it from the E-ZPass customer service center, or you also can apply only through the e-zpass official website at ezpassnj.com.
Can I Get a New York E-ZPass if I Live in New Jersey?
Yes, you can get New York EZ PASS. Following is the guide to applying for the New York E-ZPASS:
- First of all, visit the official website of the NY E-ZPASS
- Then, click on the Sing UP Button.
- After that, you have to select the state in which you live. You have to choose New Jersey.
- Then, it will ask you for your details and some questions.
- After completing that, click on the submit button.
- Thus, you can get New York EZ pass.
Is E-ZPASS charge a monthly fee?
Yes, there are monthly fees, but not all states E-ZPASS charge it. New Jersey and Indiana charge a $1 monthly service fee. Ohio charges seventy-five cents, and Virginia charges fifty cents only. Some states such as New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, Delaware, and Illinois don’t charge any EZ pass customers’ fees. And there are some states which charge a minimal amount as a monthly fee.
Can I buy an EZ Pass at Walmart in NJ?
Yes, you can buy New Jersey E-ZPASS at Walmart also. But the cost can be different from the cost you pay on the official site because Walmart includes a one-time convenience charge of $3. And cost also differs from the state you live in. For example, In Pennsylvania, the e-zpass purchase cost will be $41 if you buy it from Walmart. $35 will add in your account for pay tolls, and 3$ is for the Walmart fees. And remaining 3$ is the Annual fee of E-ZPASS.
More NJ Post :- NjmcDirect
E-ZPASS is an easy and fast way to pay tolls. It is beneficial for both drivers and the company. The company doesn’t have to collect tolls payment manually, and it will save time. We recommend all the NJ drivers who use toll roads, tunnels, bridges, and high-occupancy vehicle lanes to buy EZ pass.
We hope our article will help clear out your queries. If you still have any questions related to NJ E-ZPASS, let us know through comment. We will try to answer you as soon as possible. Or you also can contact E-ZPass customer service at +1 888-288-6865.