Do You Want to Change Address in Your Driving License in New Jersey? If yes, then this article will be very helpful for you. Here, in this article, you will get to know about the changing address in your driving license, update other information, what are the fees for NJ driving license update and NJ MVC contact information, and many more.
- If You’re Moving from Another State of United States to New Jersey
- If You’re Moving Within New Jersey
- Ways to Change Address
- How much fee for a change address in New Jersey?
- NJMVC Contact Information
- Final Words
If You’re Moving from Another State of United States to New Jersey
Ways to Change Address NJ MVC
If you are moving from another state to a new jersey and you want to change the address in your new jersey motor vehicle commission, then You have to visit any NJMCdirect court. There is no online option available to change it when you move from another US state to new jersey.
What documents do I need to change the address in NJ?
If you are moving from another state to new jersey, then you will need the following documents:
- Identity Proof (Any US government-approved ID: passport, birth certificate, etc.)
- Secondary identity proof (College Photo ID card with a transcript or any other proof of your identity with photo)
- Your social security number document
- New Jersey residency proof
If You’re Moving Within New Jersey
Ways to Change Address
If you want to change the address in your NJMCDirect driving license in New Jersey, then the following options are available:
Online: You can change the address in your NJ driving license online. Following are the steps to update:
- Visit the following webpage of the Njmvc official website. Click Here.
- Now, you will need to center some information such as your zip code, 14 digits driving license number, and your SSN.
- After that click on the “Continue button.”
- Now, follow all the instructions showing on your screen.
- Then, enter a new address.
By Phone: You can also apply to change your address in your new jersey driving license by calling on the following phone numbers:
- Touchtone-7-1-1 NJ Relay
- (609) 292-6500
You will need to provide all the information which we have mentioned above in this article. So, before calling keep all the documents ready.
In-Person: Drivers also can update the address in their njmvc license by visiting any location of NJMC court. You have to fill a form for updating the resident address. Click here to find the nearest location of NjMVC.
Required Information to Update Your Address on Your Nj MVC Driver’s License
Following documents and information, you will be required to change address or any other details update in your NJ driving license:
- Your driving license number
- Your SSN (Social Security Number)
- Your New Address
How much fee for a change address in New Jersey?
NJ MVC charges $11 as a service fee for changing address. If you want to update any other information in your driving license, then the cost will be the same $11.
NJMVC Contact Information
If you are facing any problem in update your driving license or have any queries, please contact the nj mvc customer service center. following are the contact details of the NJ MVC helpdesk center:
- Phone Number: (609) 292-6500 or toll-free in NJ (888) 486-3339
- TTY Phone Number: (609) 292-5120
- Office AddressNew Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
- P.O. Box 160
- Trenton, NJ 08666
This is all about the address change in the NJ driving license. We have shared everything related to the Update address in the driving license. We hope our article will be helpful for you. If still, you have any queries, feel free to contact us through the comment.