Www.njmcdirect.com- Whenever you violate traffic rules or parking rules even accidentally, consequently traffic police file a challan, they give you a ticket for the traffic rules violation. You have to pay that fine within the given period. Generally, to pay the fine, people visit the court. We know this offline system is very hectic. But don’t worry, we have excellent news for you.
Now in this digital era, traffic ticket payment becomes such an easy process. NJMC (New Jersey Meadowlands Commission) has built a portal called NJMCDirect, where you can pay your traffic tickets fines online using your mobile phone or laptop/pc. You just have a device with net connectivity. If you pay fines offline, you have to visit court and stand in a long queue to pay the Njmc pay ticket. But If you use NJMCdirect portal, it will save you time. You can quickly pay it in a few steps.
Keep reading this article. We will tell you about the documents you need to pay a ticket, service fees, other extra charges, how you can contact Njmcdirect team member if you face any issues, steps to pay traffic, or parking ticket payment online and depth information about Njmcdirect portal site.
- What is NJMCDirect?
- NJMCDirect Pay – What will you need to pay njmcdirect ticket payment online?
- NJMCDirect Payment Online Portal – Steps to NJMCDirect pay traffic or parking ticket online
- Steps to pay traffic ticket through Njmcdirect payment portal:
- NJMCDirect Customer Service number (contact phone number)
- NJMCDirect Hours of Operation
- Benefits of NJMCDirect Ticket Payment Portal
- What is DMV surcharge?
- How does DMV Surcharge work in New Jersey?
- Methods to Pay Your NJSurcharge in New Jersey
- Is www.njsurcharge.com Still working?
- Plead not Guilty in NJMC
- How to Plead in Njmc If you are not guilty?
- How to Know If Your License is Expired?
- How to Reinstate/restore Your License or Registration in New Jersey?
- Following details, you must know about your license restoration:
- Methods of Paying Nj License Restoration Fee
- Helpful Video Guide: NJMCDirect Login
- FAQs – People Also ASK
- Is there any fee for paying the parking/traffic ticket online?
- If I received a traffic ticket today will it be available to be viewed or paid today?
- What do I need to search for my traffic ticket and Time Payment Order?
- What if I lost my traffic or parking ticket?
- What happens when I do not agree with the details listed on the parking/traffic ticket?
What is NJMCDirect?
Njmcdirect is the New Jersey Municipal Court online traffic ticket payment portal where you can pay your traffic and parking violations fines. It uses your prefix code to pay your traffic tickets online. Prefix code will be avail by providing a couple of details. You will need to pay for your traffic ticket. So, now you don’t need to find njmc court locations and don’t need to stand in a long queue to pay traffic tickets. You can easily make payment through Njmc direct online traffic tickets submission portal. www.njmcdirect.com is the official website of the njmcdirect. You have to visit this site and entre prefix code; then, it will show your traffic ticket fine.
If you want to avoid to go court, so you can use this portal to pay tickets online. This is an effortless and fast way to be free yourself from the Njmc ticket fine. By using this online portal, you can save your much time because it takes a few minutes to pay the traffic tickets fines online. You can access this portal from anywhere, and transactions are fast and secure also.
NJMCDirect Pay – What will you need to pay njmcdirect ticket payment online?
If you want to pay traffic or parking tickets online by using the NJ ticket prefix code, you will be required some details. You need the below-mentioned details or documents to avail of an NJ Ticket Prefix Code for pay traffic ticket online at New Jersey Meadowlands Commission Direct.
Parking or Traffic Ticket
When you break traffic rules or parking rules, then officers cut your challan and give you a violation ticket. It can be a parking ticket, or traffic ticket depends on what laws you violate. It will be required to pay the ticket as proof. The ticket which is given by officers will have an encrypted Court ID, a Ticket Number, and type of violation that you have done. It is essential to pay for a ticket. With a traffic ticket, the ticket payment process can’t be completed.
License Plate Number
You will also need a license plate number for the payment of the njmc ticket. A license plate number can be found on your driving license or available in your car. It is also essential to complete the ticket payment process.
If you want to pay a traffic ticket online through www.njmcdirect.com, so you will need a credit card or debit card to make payment. You can use a master card and visa card for online njmc ticket payment.
NJMCDirect Payment Online Portal – Steps to NJMCDirect pay traffic or parking ticket online
Traffic ticket payment through the Njmcdirect online portal is fast and easy. We have provided you some steps. By following these below-mentioned steps, you can easily access the portal and pay your ticket online even you can only view your njmcdirect tickets.
Pay your traffic tickets online by clicking on the above button. It will redirect you to the official site where you can pay your challan online. For step by step check guide check below.
Steps to pay traffic ticket through Njmcdirect payment portal:
- Open browser (chrome, internet explorer, safari, opera, etc.) in your device
- Then visit the official site of Njmcdirect (www.njmcdirect.com)
- There you will see two options as Traffic Ticket or Municipal Complaint (Time Payment Order)
- Click on the traffic ticket for the traffic ticket payment.
- It will then ask you to enter the court id/name, prefix code, ticket number, License plate number.
- After entering these details, click on the continue button.
- Then you will see two options there ‘View NJMCDirect Ticket’ and ‘Process NJMCDirect Ticket Payment.’ If you only want to see the ticket then click on view njmcdirect ticket, and for the ticket payment, click on the second option.
- If you clicked on process njmcdirect ticket payment, then it will be landed you on the payment page.
- Now you will be needed debit card or credit card (MasterCard or Visa) to pay a traffic fine.
- Enter card details and click on the continue button. Your payment will be made, and there is a printable receipt page also available. So, you can print the payment receipt.
You can check the details of your transaction at the njmcdirect payment portal for 90 days. Njmcdirect portal keeps your details for 90 days. If you face any issues or error while checking your ticket payments transactions or any other information, so you can contact Njmcdirect Customer Service Team.
NJMCDirect Customer Service number (contact phone number)
The following are the Njmcdirect customer service contact details. If you have any queries, you can contact them or visit their office.
Phone Number: (973) 284 4945
Fax: (973) 284 4914
NJMCDirect Office Address: NJMC Public Safety Building, 2nd Floor, 228 Chesnutt Street
NJMC Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM (EST).
NJMCDirect Hours of Operation
Paying NJ ticket fines online is very easy. No doubt, njmcdirect made NJ ticket payment hassle-free, but this service is not available 24/7 hours. There are pre-declared operational hours. You need to know about the working hours to avoid extra fines. We have mentioned below the working hours of the njmcdirect online portal. Have a look at it.
Mon – Thurs 4:30 AM – 11:15 PM (EST)
Fri 4:30AM – 10:15PM (EST)
Sat 4:30AM – 3:15PM (EST)
Sun 1:00PM – 11:15PM (EST)
Benefits of NJMCDirect Ticket Payment Portal
There are many benefits to the njmc direct ticket payment portal. Main benefits are as following:
It makes a fast and easy ticket payment process. You don’t need to visit court and stand in a queue. It saves you a lot of time. Njmcdirect portal takes a few minutes to complete the ticket payment process.
Njmcdirect online portal is safe and secure. All the information you provide at the time of traffic ticket payment like your payment details and other personal information njmc keeps that confidential. Nobody can access your personal information except New Jersey Court employees.
Traffic ticket payment through the njmc direct portal is a convenient way. It saves your time and energy you spend to go to NJ courts and stand in a long queue. They only charge a minimal fee of $1 to $4 for this fast, secure, and convenient service.
The surcharge is an extra fee or charges added on the stated prices of goods or services, which can be added to an existing tax or as a stand-alone charge. It can be defined as a “service fee” or “shipping and handling fee.” There are many types of surcharges. Sometimes it can be temporary measures like surcharge can be added to defray the cost of increased product pricing. For example, the fuel surcharge is temporary and flexible. And surcharge can be as regular and permanent fees.
If you don’t know about the surcharge, dealing with surcharge can be difficult. That’s why you must have proper knowledge about the surcharge, how it works, and how to pay surcharge securely and conveniently. And we all know to deal with surcharges imposed by DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) is a more challenging task. But don’t worry, we will tell you an easy way to pay DMV surcharges online.
What is DMV surcharge?
Before paying the surcharge, you must have the necessary information about it, like what it is and why you are liable to pay it. So, we will tell you all the things in this article. Let’s start with what it is. DMV surcharge is imposed when you violate any traffic rules. Then traffic officers issue a ticket for the traffic rules violation in new jersey.
How does DMV Surcharge work in New Jersey?
When you break any traffic rule, then a ticket will be issued to the violator. It results, a certain number of points will be added to the violator license. Until points are not reached six over three years, so you are not liable to pay any fine. But if these points exceed six points over in the three years, you have to pay a fine of $150 annually for the next three years and $25 for each additional point over six.
Other violations that can be imposed an annual surcharge for three years:
- If the vehicle driver does not have a license or driver with an expired license, it can be fined $100 annual surcharge for three years, which means a total of $300 surcharge will be charged.
- If you are driving with a suspended license, $250 surcharge will be imposed on you ($750 total)
- $100 annual surcharge for failure to insure a moped ($300 total)
- A fine of $250 annual surcharge will be issued to operating an uninsured vehicle ($750 total)
- $1,000 yearly surcharge for first and second DWI ($3,000 total)
- $1,500 annual surcharge 3rd DWI (if it occurs within three years of last posted violation) ($4,500 total)
- A fine of $1,000 yearly surcharge for refusing to take the test to measure blood alcohol concentration ($3,000 total)
Methods to Pay Your NJSurcharge in New Jersey
There are several methods to pay a surcharge. Those are as following:
- Pay with debit/credit card or e-check: You can pay NJ surcharge online in new jersey by using your credit card or debit card or e-check. If you want to pay with this online method, so you have to visit Nj Surcharge’s official website www.njsurcharge.com. This is a very easy, fast, secure, and convenient method. In this method, the bank can charge a fee of 2-3% as a service or processing fees.
- Pay with cash: you can also pay directly by visiting a Western Union location in New Jersey or nationwide.
- Pay via telephone: you can NJ surcharge on call. You have to call on official NJ toll-free number (844)424-6829 and pay with credit or debit card.
- Pay through check or money order: you can also pay NJ surcharge through check or money order. Send a check or money order to the below-mentioned address.
P.O. Box 1502
Moorestown, NJ 08057-9704
Is www.njsurcharge.com Still working?
Njsurcharge.com was the official site for the payment of njsurcharge in New jersey. But this website is not working now. The court of New Jersey has shut down the www.njsurcharge.com site permanently. Don’t be sad. However, they have shut down old websites, but they moved on to the new upgraded NJsurcharge online portal on the NJ State website.
Plead not Guilty in NJMC
Sometimes we don’t break any rule, but maybe by mistake, traffic officers fined us. Of course, this is a very annoying thing. However, most people don’t want to argue or waste time on this matter. They pay tickets and ignore the issue. But if you think the ticket is wrongly imposed on you. Then you can plead in the njmc courts in that situation.
Although the chance of wrongly fined ticket violations is meager, if you strongly feel that you are not guilty, you must plead and prove yourself innocent. If like the other people, you ignore the matter and pay the ticket, then it will be added traffic violations points in your driving license. And if you crossed six points, you will be charged for the annual surcharge of $150 for the next six years. Also, $25 extra for each point over six points. And if this carries on over a specific limit, then it could be the reason for the cancellation of your driving license. You find yourself innocent, and you must plead for your rights in the New Jersey Municipal Court.
How to Plead in Njmc If you are not guilty?
If you want to plead not guilty on your ticket and fight to be proved yourself innocent. Then for the request a court date, you need to follow below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, you have to read the parking or traffic ticket properly and understand all its terms. You must know why you get the ticket means which rule violation you did, and when.
- The ticket which is given by the traffic office contains the necessary details. Note down all the required information. Especially the date to pay for the ticket.
- Request a court date for pleading not guilty. You can do this via email at [email protected]. Include all the details like your ticket number, prefix code, license plate number, your mailing address, email, etc. in the email. In a few days, you will get a response. You can also file an appeal offline by visiting the court for the date to fight your case.
- After taking a date, you must visit the court on the given date by the court. But if any case you don’t get any response on their side before your ticket paying date. So, you should appear one day before from ticket paying date in the court.
- If you have any doubts or queries, you can contact the New Jersey court clerk. They will give your full support and assistance to understand your tickets, and you will be able to clear all your doubts.
After following all the above steps, you still feel you cannot fight your case yourself. Then you can hire a lawyer. This is the best option in the case of a lack of knowledge.
How to Know If Your License is Expired?
A driving license is a legal document that is required to be proved that you are fit and eligible to drive a vehicle. So, you must have a real and valid license. It must be up to date. If your license is expired and you didn’t renew it. Then it can be put you in trouble. Traffic officers can be imposed fine on you for breaking the law. Apart from this, there are many issues that you can face if your license is expired. For example, if you meet with an accident so that the insurance company will refuse you for the settlements. That way, you keep in mind the expiration date of your driving license and renew it on time.
There are two methods to renew your driving license’ online method’ and ‘offline method.’ Through the online process, you can renew your license easily by following a few steps. But first of all, you must know your license is expired or has been suspended by the NJ municipal court because there is a different procedure to deal with them. So, in case of license expiration, you have to deal with the NJ MVC (New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission). And in the license suspension case, you have to deal with the New Jersey Municipal court.
Njmc suspended your license when your traffic violation points reached on specific limits. So, in this case, you have to apply for the restoration of your driving license after a certain period. You can know about this period by visiting court or calling on njmc customer service number. But before applying for your license restoration, you must clear all the outstanding violations charges and surcharge.
How to Reinstate/restore Your License or Registration in New Jersey?
Before you know how you can restore your license, you must know about your license suspension. To know about your license suspension’s reasons, you can contact the NJ MVC (new jersey motor vehicle commission) via calling on the following numbers.
Njmvc customer care number :-
(609) 292-6500 (paid line)
1-888-486-3339 (toll-free number)
You can ask all information about your license by calling on these numbers. They have all the driving records. So, you can get all the required details and information.
Following details, you must know about your license restoration:
Suspension period – you can’t instantly apply for the license restoration after it gets suspended. You have to wait for a specific period, after completing that period you can apply for reinstatement. You should ask the NJ MVC team about the time you have to wait for your license restoration.
Surcharge – you must ask, how much surcharge imposed on you. And clear all the surcharge and other outstanding fees for the restoration of your license.
You can also request all information to send on your address. They will charge only $15 as a service fee.
Methods of Paying Nj License Restoration Fee
Once the suspension period has completed, and you have paid all the outstanding charges and fines. Then you can apply for reinstating your license and registration. They will charge $100 as a reinstatement fee. There are 3 ways to submit this fee. You can choose as per your convenience.
Following are methods that can be used to pay license restoration/reinstatement fee:
Online payment: you can pay restoration fee online through NJMVC official website. You need the following details for the online payment:
- Social security number (SSN)
- Driving license number
- Debit card/credit card
Note – your area zip code should be similar to your driving license record.
At your local motor vehicle agency: you can submit driving license restoration fee direct by visiting at your nearby Nj MVC office.
By mailing a check or money order: you can also pay the fee through check or money order. You must include the bottom part of your suspension notice and send it to the NJMVC on the following address.
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
P.O. Box 140
Trenton, NJ 08650-0140
But in the case, you do not have the bottom part of your suspension notice, then mail your payment to this address instead:
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
P.O. Box 134
Trenton, NJ 08650-0134
Helpful Video Guide: NJMCDirect Login
FAQs – People Also ASK
Is there any fee for paying the parking/traffic ticket online?
If you pay the traffic or parking tickets online, you have to pay services charges also. Njmcdirect.com charges 3% of the total amount due to the service fee.
If I received a traffic ticket today will it be available to be viewed or paid today?
Generally, it takes 1 to 4 days for traffic tickets available to view on Njmcdirect.com after it is issued. If your ticket is still not available after four days, you must wait for some days and try again or contact the court.
What do I need to search for my traffic ticket and Time Payment Order?
You need ticket number, prefix code, license plate number, and court id to search for your traffic ticker or time payment order.
What if I lost my traffic or parking ticket?
If you lost your ticket, then you must report for the lost ticket. In this case, you can contact the local police department, the Njmc (New jersey municipal court), or a parking authority in your area.
What happens when I do not agree with the details listed on the parking/traffic ticket?
If you are not agreed with the details, so you can contact on Njmc customer service number, or you can directly visit Nj courts and sort out your problems.
Njmcdirect.com is the best online portal to pay your traffic tickets online. It made the ticket payment process much convenient. You can access this website from anywhere and can avoid visiting the Nj courts. It will save you a lot of time. You can view your tickets and check the details of your transaction within 90 days after it is paid. We hope that this article was helpful for you, and after reading this article, you will be able to pay for tickets. If you still have any doubts or facing any issue, you can ask via comments.